*Original post released 2/9/20
Ten TEAS Exam Tips
- Get a good study guide and leave yourself ample time to study depending on the depth/understanding of your knowledge base and schedule.
- Register for the exam early and give yourself plenty of time to retake it should you need to.
- Consider taking at least one full length practice exam through the creator (ATI Testing).
- If you’re a slow test taker, practice time management of questions prior to taking the exam. This can help remove an added variable of stress on exam day.
- Know the rules of the exam and environment for test day and practice under those same conditions.
- Never make assumptions when answering questions. All the content required to answer correctly will be provided.
- Set aside time to work on improving your reading speed and comprehension.
- Be sure to learn basic math formulas and principles as well as rules for grammar. Practice makes perfect in both of these situations.
- Think of each new question as a fresh start. Don’t keep count of troublesome questions or let your anxieties carry through the exam. It won’t help you, and it’s not worth the stress.
- Rest and take care of yourself the day before the exam. You’ve worked hard for the success you’re about to achieve.